EGR Valve Block Off Plate fits AMC Jeep CJ5 CJ7
These plates are designed to cover the EGR valve opening during an engine rebuild or storing an engine out of the vehicle for long periods of time. They work great to:
- Keep debris and foreign objects out of your engine during the rebuilding process.
- Keep paint from entering the engine when doing cosmetic restoration during the engine rebuilding process. These plates also allow you to keep paint from destroying the EGR Valve.
- Help protect your EGR valve during periods of long term storage.
- The EGR Valve is a critical piece of your vehicles emission equipment and can become damaged over long periods of time when the engine is out of the vehicle and not in use. You can protect the EGR valve by removing it and properly storing. Use this plate to cover the EGR valve opening until you are ready re-install the EGR valve and put the engine back into service.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE EGR VALVE BE REMOVED OR "DELETED" ON A FULLY FUNCTIONING "RUNNING" ENGINE. TO REMOVE AND/OR DISSABLE THE THE EGR VALVE ON A FULLY FUNCTIONING "RUNNING" ENGINE IS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE CLEAN AIR ACT (CAA) (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.) AND PERSONS WHO DO SO ARE SUBJECT TO THE PENALITIES DICTATED BY THE ACT.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE PLATES ARE TO BE USED AS A PROTECTIVE COVER ONLY FOR NON-FUNCTIONING ENGINES GOING THROUGH THE REBUILD PROCESS OR FOR ENGINES THAT HAVE BEEN "PHYSICALLY" REMOVED FROM A VEHICLE AND PLACED INTO LONG TERM STORAGE.
IF YOU INSTALL THESE ON A COMPETITION OR NON-COMPETITION VEHICLE SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE AND OR LOCAL LISCENCING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR GOVERNED BY THE CLEAN AIR ACT YOU WILL BE IN VIOLATION of THE CLEAN AIR ACT (CAA) (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.) AND SUBJECT TO THE PENALITIES DICTATED BY THE ACT.
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE OR DISSABLE ANY EMISSIONS EQUIPMENT ON ANY VEHICLE BOUND BY THE CLEAN AIR ACT. THANK YOU.
Material: 6061 Billet Aluminum
Bolts: 4 included
Mfr PN: EGR-5003
Mad4Metal EGR cover plates have been designed to precisely cover the EGR valve opening of your engine while going through the rebuild process. Aluminum does not rust so these plates can be used for multiple engine rebuilds.
Mad4Metal strives to provide the highest quality products available. We design, build and test our parts here in the USA to ensure our customers get that one of a kind look without sacrificing dependability. Our product range is continually growing and we know what it takes to build "craftsmen style" products that look as good as they work.
- Used to cover the EGR valve opening when rebuilding your engine or placing into long term storage.
- Universal design can be used to cover any EGR valve opening in which Fel-Pro gasket PN 70978 is required.
- Extremely light weight
- Includes 2 18-8 stainless steel 5/16" SHCS
- Includes 2 18-8 stainless steel M8 SHCS
- 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Material: 6061 aircraft grade billet aluminum
- Finish: Polished - machine marks visible
- Fasteners: 2X - 5/16" and 2X - M8 18-8 stainless steel socket head cap screws
- Height = 2-1/4" (2.25)
- Width = 3" (3.0)
- Thickness = 15/32" (0.449)
- Weight = 2.2 oz