Installation Instructions - Eye Hook Style Hitch Cover
Thank you for purchasing our products. Every hitch cover we produce is constructed from 6061 T6 billet aluminum and are designed to fit both 2” and 2-1/2” receiver type hitches. The black features are actually black anodize aluminum so unlike painted hitch covers the finish will not lift or chip. Each unit is clear coated with UV resistent clear coat to protect the anodized and machined surfaces from UV rays. The closed cell foam gasket is designed to keep the unit snug against the hitch pin and prevent rattling in the receiver hitch. These products are 100% designed and manufactured at our shop here in Coeur D Alene, ID USA.
Hitch Cover Care and Installation Instructions:
Hitch Cover Installation Instructions:
- Install the anti-rattle gasket onto the hitch cover.
- Slide the hitch cover with gasket into the receiver.
- Push hard on the face of the hitch cover to compress the anti-rattle gasket while inserting the hitch pin through the receiver and the hitch cover eye bolt.
- There should be considerable tension on the hitch cover during this procedure and the gasket will tend to squeeze out around the perimeter.
- Over time the gasket will relax so a lot of tension early is good!
- NOTE: If you cannot insert the hitch pin or the hitch cover is loose, remove the hitch cover from the hitch and twist the eyebolt until proper fit is achieved. In some cases, the nut will need to be removed. If your hitch requires a custom length eyebolt these can be purchased at any hardware store.
- Each hitch cover is black anodized and clear coated for UV protection and may be washed with normal soap and water.
- If the clear coat degrades or becomes unsightly, you may strip the clear coat using suitable automotive paint type stripper and re-apply the clear. The text and graphics are anodized aluminum engravings vs. being painted and can withstand proper solvent cleaning.
Thanks again for purchasing our products, if you have any questions please contact us!!