Intake Manifold Breather Block Off Plate fits Ford FE Engines M1004
Intake Manifold Breather Block Off Plate fits Ford FE Engines
Mad4Metal intake manifold breather and breather block off plates are extremely light weight and have been thoroughly leak tested in high performance racing applications where extreme crank case pressure can cause seals to leak. Aluminum does not rust and the polished finish can easily be brought back to its original luster with aluminum metal polish.
Mad4Metal strives to provide the highest quality products available. We design, build and test our parts here in the USA to ensure our customers get that one of a kind look without sacrificing dependability. Our product range is continually growing and we know what it takes to build "craftsmen style" products that look as good as they work.
- Used to replace the factory intake manifold breather or block off plate.
- Extremely light weight
- Includes 2X 1/4-28 x 3/4" 18-8 Stainless Steel BHCS (Stock Intake Manifold)
- Includes 2X 5/16-18 x 3/4" 18-8 Stainless Steel BHCS (Aftermarket Intake Manifold)
- 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Material: 6061 aircraft grade billet aluminum
- Finish: Polished - machine marks visible
- Fasteners: 2X 1/4-28 x 3/4" 18-8 Stainless Steel BHCS
- Fasteners: 2X 5/16-18 x 3/4" 18-8 Stainless Steel BHCS
- Height = 2-11/16" (2.675)
- Width = 2-5/8" (2.635)
- Thickness = 15/32" (0.449)
- Weight = 1.8 oz
- FORD FE Series Engines 352, 360, 390, 410 (Merc), 427, 428
- Model Years 1964 - 1976
- Installation Instructions
All in house custom made items are stocked in the US and typically ship one business day via USPS First Class Mail.
Estimated delivery for drop ship and made to order items will be stated in the product listing.
Block Off Plate Installation Instructions:
1. Thoroughly clean the engine block mounting surface and the block off plate so that both are free from grease, debris or other contaminates.
2. Use BrakLeen (Red Can) or equivalent as final cleaning step to prepare both surfaces.
3. Apply a thin layer of FORD Motorcraft Ultra-Gray Silicone Sealant or Hi-Temp Silicone Sealant (EGR Block off only) or equivalent to the back of the block off plate in contact with the sealing surface of the engine block.
4. If the bolt threads protrude into the crank case (i.e. are not blind tapped holes) apply a small amount of silicone sealant to the bolt threads.
5. Install block off plate to the engine and torque bolts per engine manufacture’s recommendations.
(NOTE: Gaskets are not provided with the kit nor are they recommended. Two bolt mounting systems typically associated with mechanical fuel pumps, EGR valves and Intake manifold breather plates were not optimally located to provide even gasket compression around the sealing surface which is why they invariably leak. If you choose to use a gasket to seal a block off plate, apply a thin layer of silicone to both sides of the gasket.