Air Cleaner Stud Bolt Wing Nut CNC 6061 Billet Aluminum - USA
Air Cleaner Stud Bolt Wing Nut CNC 6061 Billet Aluminum 4-3/4" x 1/4-20 Stainless - USA
Mad4Metal universal aluminum custom air cleaner bolt studs begin life as 6061 billet aluminum flat bar and 18-8 stainless steel threaded rod. Mad4Metal CNC machines the flat bar into the cool knob shape and lightly polishes the finished product in our shop here in the USA. We choose aluminum as it does not rust and the polished finish can easily be brought back to its original luster with aluminum metal polish.
Mad4Metal strives to provide the highest quality products available. We design, build and test our custom parts here in the USA to ensure our customers get that one of a kind look without sacrificing dependability. Our product range is continually growing and we know what it takes to build "craftsmen style" products that look as good as they work.
- Universal high quality air cleaner stud bolt to replace the factory threaded rod and wing nut.
- High quality 6061 aircraft aluminum knob.
- 1/4-20 x 4-3/4" long threaded stud.
- Complete detailed installation instructions with photos.
- Please Note: The top exterior surfaces are lightly polished pieces and look great. These are not show car quality polished and some machining marks are visible on all surfaces.
- Height = 4-3/4" long stud protruding from the bottom of the knob.
- Width =1-1/2" OD
- Thickness of knob = 3/8"
- Fits 3" and most 4" tall air cleaner assemblies.
- Weight = 2.5 oz
- This air cleaner stud bolt will fit most stock and aftermarket air cleaner bases housing a 3" and most 4" tall filter elements.
- Please check hood clearance prior to ordering, may not work with some high rise intake manifolds.
- Installation Instructions
All in house custom made items are stocked in the US and typically ship one business day via USPS First Class Mail.
Estimated delivery for drop ship and made to order items will be stated in the product listing.
Block Off Plate Installation Instructions:
1. Thoroughly clean the engine block mounting surface and the block off plate so that both are free from grease, debris or other contaminates.
2. Use BrakLeen (Red Can) or equivalent as final cleaning step to prepare both surfaces.
3. Apply a thin layer of FORD Motorcraft Ultra-Gray Silicone Sealant or Hi-Temp Silicone Sealant (EGR Block off only) or equivalent to the back of the block off plate in contact with the sealing surface of the engine block.
4. If the bolt threads protrude into the crank case (i.e. are not blind tapped holes) apply a small amount of silicone sealant to the bolt threads.
5. Install block off plate to the engine and torque bolts per engine manufacture’s recommendations.
(NOTE: Gaskets are not provided with the kit nor are they recommended. Two bolt mounting systems typically associated with mechanical fuel pumps, EGR valves and Intake manifold breather plates were not optimally located to provide even gasket compression around the sealing surface which is why they invariably leak. If you choose to use a gasket to seal a block off plate, apply a thin layer of silicone to both sides of the gasket.